Highpoint Chimney Services Offers Quality Chimney Repair Services in Basking Ridge
We serve numerous towns and cities near Basking Ridge, like Far Hills, Morristown, Watchung, and more. If you need chimney or fireplace services in the area, trust our local chimney experts for it all. We offer repairs, sweepings, inspections, installation services, and more.
No one likes being out and about too long during the cold days of winter. Heading to local parks or places like Great Swamp National Wildlife Refuge or Environmental Education Center isn’t always an option, and going through the effort of bundling up and putting on snow boots can feel like a lot. Most just run their errands, swing by the post office, maybe grab a book or two from the library, then head back home.
But if temps are especially low or a winter storm is in the forecast, not even a quick run to the grocery store seems doable. The good news for fireplace owners in the Basking Ridge area, though, is that the Highpoint Chimney Services crew is here to ensure your fireplace is ready to go when those cold days strike. And being cooped up inside is never really all that bad when you have crackling flames to enjoy.
If you need chimney services, fireplace installations, chimney or fireplace repairs, or any other maintenance completed in Middlesex County, Hunterdon County, or Somerset County, we’re the team to turn to.
What Chimney & Fireplace Services Does Highpoint Offer Basking Ridge Homeowners?
Our chimney and fireplace services include:
- Chimney Sweeping
- Chimney Inspection
- Masonry Repairs
- Chimney Leak Repairs
- Chimney Relining
- Smoke Chamber Parging
- Refractory Panels
- Dryer Vent Cleaning
- Stove & Insert Installation
What type of chimney leak repair services does Highpoint offer?
If you’re dealing with chimney leaks and water damage, we have lots of ways to resolve these issues – and then prevent them from happening again. Our most common leak repair services include:
- Chimney Cap Installation: Every chimney needs a cap to keep out water, debris, and animals. If you need a new chimney cap, we can find one that’s sized and fitted to your flue, and that offers reliable protection for years to come.
- Waterproofing: By having a professional coat your masonry with a protective sealant, you can prevent your bricks from soaking in excess moisture and avoid big problems caused by the freeze/thaw process.
- Chase Covers: Chase covers are installed on top of prefab chimneys to protect the chimney opening, as well as send water out and away from the sides of the chimney chase. Most stock covers don’t last too long against the elements, so trust our techs to install something more reliable.
- Chimney Crown Repair: For masonry chimneys, a reliable and well-built concrete crown is a must. Unfortunately, crowns of the past were often made from an unreliable mortar mix that isn’t known to stand the test of time. We can restore your damaged crown, so it keeps your system better protected for the long haul.
- Chimney Dampers: Dampers play a big role in airflow and efficiency, but they can help keep rain, snow, and moisture at bay too. If yours need fixing – or if you’d like an upgrade – be sure to reach out.
- Lock-Top Dampers: When it comes to rain and snow protection, lock-top dampers can play a big role in keeping these elements at bay. They’re installed at the top of the flue, rather than the throat, so outside debris and bad weather can’t get any access to your system’s interior.
Chimney Crown Repairs
What can I expect from Highpoint’s stove and insert installation services?
At Highpoint we’re proud to install wood stoves, gas stoves, and fireplace inserts. All of these systems are known for their high efficiency levels, and whether or not you have an existing fireplace in place, we’re certain we can find a product suitable to your home and needs.
Since these systems are meant to hold a lot of heat and keep fires and fumes contained, trusting an expert who really knows their stuff is a must when it comes to installation. We’re certified with reputable organizations, licensed, insured, and have over two decades of industry experience. We’ve been serving the area for years, and our customer reviews speak for themselves.
What we’re saying is… you can feel good about trusting us. The communities we serve are ones we live in and work in, too, so if you’re looking for a team that truly cares about your needs and safety, we’re it.
What types of chimney relining systems does Highpoint provide?
We can reline your chimney with a durable stainless steel liner, or we can offer one of three HeatShield® relining or resurfacing methods. Both options have unique advantages, and both will offer a lifetime of protection for your home – it’s just about figuring out which is best for your needs.
Reach out to us today, and we can discuss your wishes, budget, and the current state of your system. All of these factors will play a role in what type of lining method would be most suitable. One thing’s for sure, though… this isn’t an area to cut corners. Trust our reliable and trustworthy techs from start to finish, so you can rest easier knowing your chimney is fully protected and working as efficiently as possible.
Does Highpoint offer level 2 chimney inspections?
Yes, we do! Many require level 2 inspections after a renovation or after they’ve experienced damage due to a chimney fire or natural disaster. They’re also highly recommended when buying or selling a home. Regardless of your situation, we’re qualified to perform these more in-depth overviews.
We’ll use our skills and specialized camera equipment to get up-close and personal with your flue’s interior, so any issues are spotted and can then be addressed. Once we’re through, we’ll have a list of recommendations for further repairs and maintenance, all of which we’re also capable of taking care of.
From your first overview to your final repair or restoration, we want to be the team you rely on every step of the way.
Can Highpoint sweeps perform tuckpointing and brick repairs?
You bet. If your bricks and mortar are crumbling and showing signs of damage and decay, we’re equipped to restore your masonry to its former glory. If bricks are missing or need to be replaced, we can find matching pieces, and we can also get your mortar joints looking and functioning great again with tuckpointing.
Both of these services require skill, patience, and precision to get the old masonry to match up with any new components we put in. In addition, the new pieces need to match the old in composition to ensure your chimney stays structurally sound. Trust our experts to ensure everything is completed correctly and looks great when the job is done.
We Offer Affordable Rates From Qualified Chimney Techs
Because the chimney sweep world isn’t super well regulated, it can be hard to know which company to hire. Going with the cheapest rate is appealing for obvious reasons, but this can leave homeowners wary, too. Usually in these cases, the tech either isn’t fully qualified or they’re trying to get their foot in the door to scam you down the line.
That said, you don’t want to pay an arm and leg for chimney services, either, when you could get the same care from an equally qualified sweep at a lower rate.
Here at Highpoint, we feel good about offering the best chimney and fireplace services at a rate that won’t break the budget of the homeowners we’re here to serve. We truly care about keeping your home and chimney in the best condition possible because we know how important these services are for keeping your household safer. That’s why we strive to be honest, fair, and reliable.
How do I know what chimney company to hire?
So, what questions should you be asking when hiring a chimney sweeping company?
- Are they well-reviewed? To access reviews in the past, you would either need to ask around your neighborhood or rely on the company itself for a list of testimonials – not anymore. Today, looking up reviews is as simple as doing a quick online search. Take advantage of this by seeing how others fared with the company you’re hoping to hire.
- Are they experienced? How long have they been in business? Do their techs have years of experience to back up their services? Are they familiar with the chimney world and well-versed in industry specifics? Experience says a lot about a company, ensuring they’re fully equipped to handle any issues you might be dealing with.
- Are they certified? Like we said, the chimney industry isn’t nationally regulated, so hiring a team with industry certifications is a must. Check for a Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA) certification, as well as industry memberships. This shows the techs have dedicated time and money to being as knowledgeable as possible.
- Are they licensed and insured? Licensing shows that they are, in fact, a legitimate business, and insurance protects you if a sweep happens to get hurt on your property. Look for both of these things before hiring any tech for your chimney needs.
By following these guidelines, you can rest assured the team of sweeps you hire should be well-equipped to help you out. And remember that, while skills and certifications are important, it’s also vital to find a team that cares about your needs and concerns. A tech that’s highly knowledgeable, but pushes you to buy things you don’t need or doesn’t want to answer your questions won’t be good to work with, either.
Fortunately for homeowners in the area, our team checks all the boxes, and our personalized service and high ethical standards ensure you always feel listened to and in good hands.
If you want a company that offers fair pricing, provides reliable services, and truly cares about your home and family, look no further – we’re it. Reach out now to get scheduled with us.
Chimney & Fireplace FAQs
How often should I schedule my chimney inspections?
We suggest booking inspections every single year, before the start of your burning season. This gives us the chance to spot any problem areas or signs of buildup long before they become bigger and more complicated issues.
What is the difference between a stove and an insert?
A stove is a freestanding system, and you don’t need an existing fireplace or chimney to get one installed. Rather, they come equipped with the necessary venting materials that the sweeps can then run through your wall or ceiling. These are known for being efficient, ensuring you get the heat you’re hoping for, and they offer a great ambiance for any space.
Inserts need to be installed into an existing fireplace. These are great for situations when a homeowner either wants more efficiency from their fireplace or is looking to switch from a wood system to a gas one.
Looking to make the switch to a stove or insert? Give us a call, so we can figure out which option is best for you.
How can I prevent chimney fires and other damage?
The best way to avoid damage, hazards, and inefficiency is to book your annual inspections. If issues arise in your fireplace, they’ll only worsen until a professional sweep can get them addressed. The longer you go without investing in maintenance, the higher your risk will be of experiencing a fire, gas leak, or some type of significant damage.
What is the best type of wood to burn in a fireplace?
The only thing you should be burning in your wood-fueled fireplace, insert, or stove is well-seasoned wood. This means the logs have been properly dried out and have a moisture content somewhere between 15% and 25%.
Burning wet wood encourages smoke and creosote buildup, as does burning trash, treated wood, cardboard, plastic, or, really, anything besides seasoned wood. Burning these items can also release harmful toxins, affecting indoor air quality and the health of those in the home.
Book Your Chimney Maintenance With Us
Are you due for an inspection? Does your chimney need to be swept? Dealing with damage, missing components, and/or a crumbling structure? We’re here to help with it all. We’re a full-service, certified, licensed, and insured company, and we care about the communities we serve.
If you’re ready to get something scheduled with us, give us a call at 908-864-4114 or book with us online today. We can’t wait to hear from you soon.