We Serve Somerset, Middlesex & Hunterdon Counties With Respect & Professionalism
We not only serve this area – we live here, work here, and enjoy the local restaurants, shops, and businesses that make it up. We truly care about keeping the communities we serve safer and looking good, which is why we urge locals to rely on the crew here at Highpoint Chimney for all things chimney and fireplace.
Reach out now to get your next service scheduled. We’ll get your system functioning right and looking better than ever.
Our Service Area
We’re happy to offer chimney repair services, stove and insert installations, sweepings, annual inspections, and more to the following counties.
Did you know that Somerset County here in Central New Jersey is one of the country’s oldest counties? As you can imagine, there’s no shortage of history there, along with a wide range of shopping options, restaurants, parks, farmlands, and more – essentially it’s the perfect mix of urban and rural. And we’re proud to bring the highest level of chimney care to the neighborhoods scattered throughout it.
We serve the following cities and zip codes:
Warren, Watchung, Basking Ridge, Bedminster, Bernardsville, Far Hills, Gladstone, Liberty Corner, Lyons, Peapack, Pluckemin, Belle Mead, Blawenburg, Kingston, Rocky Hill, Skillman, Bound Brook, Bridgewater, Flagtown, Franklin Park, Manville, Martinsville, Hillsborough, Neshanic Station, Raritan, Somerset, South Bound Brook, Zarephath
07050, 07069, 07920, 07921, 07924, 07931, 07934, 07938, 07939, 07977, 07978, 08502, 08504, 08528, 08553, 08558, 08805, 08807, 08821, 08823, 08835, 08836, 08844, 08853, 08869, 08873, 08875, 08876, 08880, 08890
Hunterdon County is all about community, and whether you’re a resident there or just visiting, you’ll note a long list of great events to attend and welcoming businesses to enjoy. From big vineyards to bustling farmers’ markets to countless shops to explore, there’s no shortage of entertainment.
All that said, if fun for you means staying at home, trust us to set your chimney up right, so you can make the most of your evenings in. If you live in the following towns or cities, count on us:
Califon, Pottersville, Lambertville, Ringoes, Rosemont, Sergeantsville, Stockton, Annandale, Asbury, Baptistown, Bloomsbury, Clinton, Flemington, Frenchtown, Glen Gardner, Hampton, High Bridge, Lebanon, Little York, Milford, Oldwick, Pittstown, Quakertown, Readington, Stanton, Three Bridges, Whitehouse, Whitehouse Station
07830, 07979, 08530, 08551, 08556, 08557, 08559, 08801, 08802, 08803, 08804, 08809, 08822, 08825, 08826, 08827, 08829, 08833, 08834, 08848, 08858, 08867, 08868, 08870, 08885, 08887, 08888, 08889
Whether you’re looking to enjoy some outdoor fun, want to spend a day shopping, or are hoping to find some good local events to join in on, Middlesex County has you covered. It has all the welcoming vibes of small town living combined with all the perks of big city amenities, making it the perfect area to settle down in. If you live here, make us your trusted chimney sweeps!
Where are you from? We’re proud to offer services in:
Avenel, Carteret, Port Reading, Colonia, Sewaren, South Plainfield, Woodbridge, Cranbury, Plainsboro, Dayton, Dunellen, East Brunswick, Edison, Kendall Park, Helmetta, Iselin, Monroe Township, Keasbey, Edison, Metuchen, Middlesex, Milltown, Monmouth Junction, Piscataway, Old Bridge, Parlin, Perth Amboy, Fords, Sayreville, South Amboy, South River, Spotswood, New Brunswick, Highland Park
07001, 07008, 07064, 07067, 07077, 07080, 07095, 08512, 08536, 08810, 08812, 08816, 08817, 08818, 08820, 08824, 08828, 08830, 08831, 08832, 08837, 08840, 08846, 08850, 08852, 08854, 08855, 08857, 08859, 08861, 08862, 08863, 08871, 08872, 08879, 08882, 08884, 08899, 08901, 08902, 08903, 08904, 08906, 08933, 08989
What Chimney & Venting Services Do We Offer in Hillsborough?
We offer a long list of chimney services and high-quality products in Hillsborough and all of the areas surrounding. Here’s a quick rundown of everything we can do for you:
- Chimney Sweeping: Every chimney needs to be swept from time to time, otherwise creosote and debris can build up and trigger fire hazards. Our sweeps will ensure a job done right – without damaging your chimney in the process.
- Chimney Inspection: Annual inspections are a vital piece of chimney maintenance, and neglecting these can lead to extensive damage. Schedule yours every year, so that our techs can spot issues right away and get them addressed.
- Level II Inspections: Level II inspections are thorough overviews usually completed after a natural disaster or damaging event (like a chimney fire). They’re also recommended when changing fuel types, after a rebuild/restoration, or if you’re buying or selling a home.
- Chimney & Fireplace Repairs: As a full-service chimney company, we offer a long list of chimney and fireplace repair services, ensuring your needs are covered no matter your issue or type of system.
- Masonry Repairs: Our masonry repair services include things like tuckpointing, brick replacement, crown repairs, and more. Taking care of your masonry chimney isn’t just about aesthetics – it’s about structural integrity too. Trust our experts to get the job done right.
- Chimney Leak Repairs: Water and your chimney – two major opponents in the chimney sweep world. Fortunately, we have solutions for both repairing your leak-related damage and preventing it from recurring in the years ahead.
- Chimney Caps: Chimney caps cover the opening of your flue, so that water, outside debris, curious woodland critters, and anything else the wind blows over can’t get in and clog things up. Every chimney, no matter the type, should have one of these professionally installed.
- Waterproofing: If you view chimneys and water as foes, then waterproofing is like a chimney’s shield when battles occur. Come rainy days and snowy weather, waterproofing sealants block that excess moisture from penetrating the chimney exterior and causing more damage.
- Chase Covers: Is your chimney a prefabricated type? Then, a chase cover will need to be installed to keep it protected. Most systems come with a stock chase cover, but these don’t typically stand the test of time. Let our techs properly install something more reliable and long-lasting.
- Chimney Dampers: If your damper won’t open, operating your fireplace won’t be a possibility. And if it’s stuck in the open position, you can count on your HVAC system putting in some overtime – and upping your monthly bills in the process. Our techs can install a new one, so you don’t have to worry.
- Lock-Top Dampers: Come time for a new chimney damper, consider investing in one of our lock-top options. These are installed at the top of your flue, instead of the throat, and they help the chimney cap keep out rain and debris. They also offer a tight and reliable seal – can’t beat that.
- Chimney Relining: Finding the right relining services for your unique needs is a must, but it can be a hard path to navigate. Fortunately, our certified, experienced, and educated sweeps can guide you through your options and find the best solutions.
- HeatShield®: Relining with HeatShield® can be a more affordable way to reline your chimney, while still ensuring the long-lasting results you’re hoping for. Ask us if your system would be well-suited to one of the three relining methods HeatShield® has to offer.
- Stainless Steel Liners: Many opt for a stainless steel liner because other materials simply don’t match up in terms of strength, reliability, and longevity. If you want a liner that’s going to stand strong for the long haul, stainless steel is the way to go.
- Smoke Chamber Parging: Many smoke chambers of the past were built with a corbeled (or stair step) design, which can invite all kinds of problems with airflow and encourage buildup. Trust our techs to parge yours smooth, so you can enjoy higher efficiency levels and safer functioning overall.
- Refractory Panels: Prefabricated fireboxes require fireproof refractory panels to function safely and efficiently. If these become weakened or damaged, replacement panels will be in order as soon as possible – our techs can help.
- Dryer Vent Cleaning: Dirty vents are the leading cause of dryer fires, and they can trigger gas leaks too. In addition, they’ll force your dryer to work harder and less efficiently, which results in higher energy bills and more wear on the appliance. Book annual cleanings with us.
- Stove Installation: Interested in a new wood or gas stove? Trusting a qualified technician for the job is a must for safer functioning and heightened efficiency. Get the most from your new system by trusting our experts.
Questions about what we offer? Give us a call! We’d love to give you the answers you’re looking for, then set you up right with the most appropriate services for your needs and wishes. The time to reach out is now – let our sweeps take care of you from here on out.
CALL US TODAY 908-864-4114
Is Highpoint Chimney a Full-Service Chimney Company?
You bet! We offer a long list of services, and our techs are fully trained and certified with the Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA), so rest assured we’ll get the job done right – every time. Whatever you need, we’re certain our experienced and professional team of experts can handle it.
And if you’re not sure whether or not our services will meet your unique needs, please reach out! We’d be happy to discuss your situation and, hopefully, find a solid solution to meet your system’s requirements.
What does it mean to be a full-service chimney company?
Some chimney companies will only offer the basic – cleanings, sweepings, inspections, and… that’s about it. But when it comes to chimney care, do you really want to depend on multiple companies? Why hire one sweep to inspect, one to handle masonry repairs, and one to handle installation jobs, when you can trust one company to do it all?
That’s what being full-service means to us. We don’t stop at the basics – we offer a wide and comprehensive range of chimney and fireplace services, so that whatever you need, you can trust our techs to handle the job with care, precision, and professionalism.
What do some of our services include? Folks around Hillsborough rely on us for installation services, annual maintenance, chimney leak repairs, masonry repairs, sweepings, and a whole lot more. If you need care, rest assured we have the necessary equipment, tools, and expertise to get the job done.
Can the Highpoint Team Help Me With Chimney Leaks?
Definitely. The CSIA has stated before that water is your chimney’s number one enemy. So, as CSIA-certified sweeps, you can bet that water penetration and leak-related damage is something we take seriously.
How do we tackle chimney leaks? Well, if your system is already facing damage, we can perform relining services, masonry repairs (like tuckpointing), chimney crown repairs, firebox restorations, and more. And if you need replacement parts installed, like a new cap or chase cover, we can handle that too.
In terms of prevention, we’ve got services for that too. Again, we can install quality components that aid in preventing water damage, like a chimney cap or some flashing, and you’ll want to ask us about our waterproofing services too. Waterproofing is what’ll prevent leaks from entering your brickwork, which is a vital part in maintaining structural soundness – especially during the colder winter months.
Do I have to worry about freeze/thaw in Somerset, Hunterdon, and Middlesex Counties?
Unfortunately, since we face freezing temps, snow, and ice during the winters here in Central New Jersey, the freeze/thaw process is something we need to be aware of – and something we need to know how to combat. The good news is that homeowners in the area don’t have to stress too much because our team of experts has got the tools and training to keep your chimney protected through it all.
If freeze/thaw has already caused damage to your brickwork, ask us about how we can restore it to its former glory. And once we’re done, count on our techs to implement preventive services, so that damage won’t occur again in the coming months and years. From start to finish, we’ll get your system back to where it needs to be.
Can Highpoint Install a New Fireplace Insert or Stove in My Hillsborough Home?
Picture it. It’s a snowy day outside. Winds are blowing hard, the snowfall doesn’t seem to be stopping anytime soon, and soon it’ll be dark out. But you don’t care because you’ve got a cozy fire with beautiful crackling flames going where you can relax while you drink something warm, crack open a new book, or pop in your favorite movie.
Sounds idyllic, right? But if you don’t have a chimney or fireplace already in your home, you might think this is a vision that is simply out of reach. It’s not, though – not when you trust our certified techs to install your new wood or gas stove!
Wood and gas freestanding stoves come with a venting system that can be put into your home at the time of installation. Or you can ask our techs about our vent-free options. When you work with us, the sky’s the limit.
Does Highpoint Chimney sell inserts?
Yes, we do. If you do have an open fireplace in your home and would like to convert into a system that’s more efficient or that operates with a different type of fuel, we’d be happy to set you up with a new fireplace insert.
Inserts offer a quick and effective way to get more heat and improve an outdated system’s aesthetic. Wanting to learn more? Reach out, and our techs would be happy to answer questions and explain more about the installation process.
What Does It Mean That Highpoint Chimney Employs CSIA-Certified Sweeps?
The Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA) is a nonprofit organization that specializes in maintaining high standards in the chimney industry. Why is this important? Because it keeps homeowners throughout the counties we serve safer and it holds sweeps accountable in an industry that isn’t known for being too closely regulated.
Sweeps that are certified with the CSIA undergo a rigorous training and exam process, then must recertify every few years to maintain their credential. This keeps sweeps sharp and up to date on any industry updates – a must in the chimney sweep world where things are always evolving, improving, and advancing.
Another important part of being CSIA-certified is the Code of Ethics that every certified sweep is required to sign. This ensures sweeps are not taking advantage of homeowners who may lack industry knowledge by upselling products and services that aren’t actually required.
What are the steps to become CSIA-certified?
It’s no quick or easy feat. It takes time, commitment, and money to earn and keep this credential.
- Sweeps must complete a comprehensive training program.
- Sweeps must complete and pass a written exam, which tests their knowledge on servicing techniques and overall safety.
- Sweeps must sign the Code of Ethics, promising to promote the wellbeing of the homeowner above all else in every job they tackle.
- Sweeps must invest in ongoing education to ensure they can perform services to the best of their ability.
- Sweeps must invest in the recertification process to maintain their credential in years to come.
One thing is for certain – if you see a company with the CSIA badge, you can rest assured they’ll take good care of you.
Does Experience Matter in the Chimney Sweep Industry?
Absolutely. Remember that when you use your fireplace, you’re literally lighting a fire inside your home. That means trusting a sweep that really knows their stuff is imperative – and experience plays a huge role in knowing what to look for and how to address any issues.
What are the biggest reasons to trust a sweep with decades of experience (like us)?
- They’ll know just where to look and what to look for – meaning they’re more likely to find issues that less experienced techs might miss or overlook.
- They’ll know the best solutions for fixing chimney damage, saving you time and money in the long run.
- Chances are, if you have an issue, it’s something they’ve dealt with before, so they’ll know just how to handle it.
- They can advise you on the best practices for maintaining your chimney and operating your fireplace safely (so you can avoid any issues popping up again later on).
- They’ll have the necessary equipment, tools, and technology to perform their job efficiently and effectively.
- They should be familiar with any updates on industry standards or safety regulations – meaning that if your system isn’t up to code, they’ll be able to get it where it needs to be.
What Are Highpoint Chimney’s Core Values & Mission?
We pride ourselves on being a full-service, fully licensed, and fully insured chimney company that serves homeowners in Central New Jersey with the highest level of care possible. You can expect the following when you work with us:
- Expertise & Skill: We take education seriously, which is why we’re certified with the CSIA, and members of both the National Chimney Sweep Guild (NCSG) and the Community Association Institution (CAI).
- Personalized Service: Every chimney is different and every homeowner has different needs. Because of this, we aim to personalize our service to each unique client – serving them all with professionalism and respect the entire service.
- Honesty & Integrity: As CSIA-certified sweeps we sign a strict Code of Ethics, and this is something we take seriously. Remember that we serve communities that we live, work, and play in – we truly want the best for you!
- Affordable Prices: Our prices are competitive and affordable, so you’ll get the care you need without having to put a huge strain on your budget in the process.
- Quality Products: Bringing the highest level of care in the area means using the best products available. We only use products and materials from brands we trust (like Regency and HeatShield®), ensuring your results always stand the test of time.
- Up-to-date Knowledge: Safety laws and EPA regulations change from time to time, so if you’re an industry like ours, staying on top of any new guidelines is a must. Rest assured – we always keep up.
Get Your Appointment Scheduled Today
If your chimney needs care, don’t put off repairs and maintenance. Rather, call us in now to ensure your system doesn’t face any additional wear and tear in the months ahead.
Dial 908-864-4114 or reach out online through our site today.