As a responsible homeowner, you probably take great care of things like your home’s appliances…but what about your dryer vents? Ever thought about having those professionally cleaned? Many homeowners forget about this essential task, and are unaware of how dangerous their dryer vents can be when they’re caked and clogged with lint.
Fortunately for you and everyone else in the Hillsborough area, Highpoint Chimney Services is here to help with all your dryer vent cleaning needs.
Why Is Cleaning My Dryer Vents Important?
Making sure your vents are working properly is essential for many reasons.
- First, clean vents help your dryer operate more efficiently. When dryer vents get clogged, your dryer has to work harder and use more energy (and multiple drying cycles) to dry your clothes. This results in more wear on your outfits and higher energy bills.
- Second, regular dryer vent cleaning helps your dryer last longer. When your dryer has to work harder and longer due to clogged vents, it increases the wear and tear on your appliance. This can lead to costly repairs or even the need for a new dryer sooner than expected.
- Lastly, and most importantly, dirty dryer vents can pose a serious fire hazard. All that lint and other debris that builds up is the perfect recipe for a fire. The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) says that the leading cause of dryer-related fires is clogged dryer vents. They account for an estimated 2,900 fires reported annually. Having our experienced and knowledgeable techs clean your dryer vent on a regular basis is a great way to avoid adding to those statistics.
All in all, your dryer vents play a crucial role in your home’s ventilation system. Their job is to carry hot air and moisture from your dryer outside of your home, but over time, lint, dust, and other debris can build up in your dryer’s vents. This tends to clog things up and restrict airflow.
If you’re finding that your dryer just isn’t working as well as it used it, it’s time to check those vents. Get our techs in soon by dialing 908-864-4114 or by reaching out to us online now.
How Do I Know if My Vents Need To Be Cleaned?
Awareness is key. Being on the lookout for the following signs is a great way to stay proactive when it comes to keeping your dryer vents clean and hazard-free. Some common signs of lint-filled vents include:
- Clothes taking longer than usual to dry
- Musty smell in your laundry room
- Increased heat and humidity in your laundry room
- Accumulation of lint around your dryer or outside vent
- Dryer becoming hot to touch during operation
If you’re seeing any of these signs, call Highpoint Chimney Services right away. We’ll send one of our techs to clean your dryer vent and get your dryer back to running the way you like.
What Happens if I Don’t Have My Dryer Vents Cleaned?
You may be thinking investing in this service isn’t a big deal. The truth is, though, that putting this task on the back burner can lead to costly and devastating consequences. Not only are you looking at higher utility bills and a shortened lifespan, but you’re also increasing the risk of harm to the household and those living in it.
Like we said above, the stuff that builds up in your dryer is the perfect fuel for a house fire. That said, other risks include:
- Carbon monoxide leaks: Blocked gas dryer vents can cause carbon monoxide, a poisonous gas, to accumulate in your home. This can be extremely dangerous and potentially fatal, as carbon monoxide is odorless and colorless, making it difficult to detect without proper equipment.
- Mold and mildew growth: Anytime moisture is allowed to build up, there is a risk for mold and mildew accumulation. This can damage your home’s structure, affect indoor air quality, and be a big health hazard.
- Increased wear and tear on your dryer: When your dryer has to work harder due to clogged vents, it can lead to increased wear and tear on the machine. This can result in costly repairs or even premature replacement of your dryer, adding unnecessary expenses to your budget.
Considering the risks associated with not having your dryer vents cleaned, we’d say having this service completed by one of our professional technicians is a smart choice.
Call Us Today
Hiring Highpoint Chimney Services to clean your dryer vents is a win-win situation. You get the benefits of a clean vent, better performance from your dryer, lowered energy bills, and the peace of mind knowing that your dryer isn’t a ticking time-bomb waiting to ignite.
Give our friendly staff a call at 908-864-4114 or schedule an appointment online, so we can discuss how we can take care of your dryer vent cleaning needs. We also help with all of your chimney and fireplace service needs!