Will my homeowners insurance cover the cost of my chimney repairs?
If this question happens to be in your current Google search history, then you’ve come to the right place. As a homeowner, we know it’s never fun to be facing repairs of any kind. The good news is that Highpoint Chimney Services is here to help.
And once things are sorted with insurance? Well, then count on us to complete your chimney repairs. From tuckpointing to chimney cap installs to leak repairs, we can do it all.
How Insurance Works When It Comes to Chimney Repairs
The million dollar question! The answer, however, isn’t so straightforward. The truth is, when it comes to insurance covering chimney repairs, it depends on your specific insurance coverage and what caused the damage. It typically goes one of two ways:
- If the damage is due to lack of maintenance or neglect on the part of the homeowner, insurance probably isn’t going to help.
- If the damage is caused by a catastrophic event – like a chimney fire, tornado, or other severe weather event – then there’s a good chance that insurance will help with a part of the repairs.
Again, it all varies depending on what type of coverage you have. The best way to get an accurate answer to this question is to reach out to your insurance agent and have them review your coverage with you. That way you know ahead of time in the event you find yourself needing some chimney repairs.
We can always provide you with an estimate for repairs, as well as assess what caused the damage to provide to your insurance carrier.
Helpful Tip: Keep Your Receipts
Now, here’s the thing with insurance. It could be well and true that some random, outside event caused your chimney damage, but they’ll want proof that, up until that event, you were doing what you were supposed to do to keep things in tip-top shape.
For instance, if you have flood-related damages, they’re going to want to know that you didn’t have leak damages beforehand due to lack of scheduling inspections or not waterproofing.
So, if you invest in annual chimney inspections, like you’re supposed to, be sure to keep any record of that to show your insurance company, if needed.
When’s the Best Time To Have Chimney Repairs Done?
So, you want to make sure all your bases are covered if you run into an issue where you do need insurance coverage. That means getting your system in the best shape possible before any outside damage can occur!
So, when should you get it done? At Highpoint Chimney Services, we recommend having any type of routine maintenance and minor repairs (that aren’t urgent) done during spring and summer.
Why? These months are what we consider the “off-season months,” which means we have more flexibility in our schedules, the weather is better, and it’s typically more convenient for our customers to book a spot.
All that said, while the spring and summer are great times to have chimney and fireplace repairs done, no matter the time of year, if you find yourself with an urgent repair need, don’t hesitate to call us.
Types of Chimney Repairs
We offer a variety of chimney and fireplace repairs from regular maintenance to more intense repairs. When you choose us, you can trust that our certified expert technicians will ensure that we get your system up and running in no time. Here’s an overview of the types of repairs we typically handle:
- Masonry Repair: If you need tuckpointing services, brick replacements, crown repairs, or something similar, we’ve got your back.
- Damper Repair & Installs: This could mean fixing your broken down throat damper or upgrading you to a energy-efficient top-sealing damper.
- Chimney Leak Repairs: Getting on top of leak damage right away is imperative. We can help with chimney cap installs, flashing repairs, waterproofing services, and more.
- Chimney Relining: Your liner serves a few important roles for your home and chimney, ensuring your household stays safer when you go to light a fire. We have repair and replacement options you can feel good about.
- Smoke Chamber Parging: Is your smoke chamber corbeled or stair-stepped? Count on us to parge it smooth, so you get the results you deserve from your fireplace.
- Firebox Repairs: As host to your fireplace fires, your firebox serves an important purpose. Ensure yours is in the best shape possible by working with us.
Need Quality Chimney Services? Give Us a Call
When it comes to chimney repairs, we know it can be a stressful time for homeowners. That’s why we want to assure you that, when you choose Highpoint Chimney Services, you’re choosing the best of the best. Our expert certified technicians will handle whatever repairs your chimney needs and get you back to enjoying those cozy fires quickly and efficiently.
Give us a call today at 908-864-4114 or schedule an appointment online to learn more about how we can help!